The Nurturing Program is a nationally recognized parent education program that teaches highly effective parenting techniques. Nurturing is the foundation of strong and healthy parent child relationships. This program gives parents and caregivers the skills, knowledge and desire to enhance the quality of their family life. The program is for parents/caregivers of children age birth to five years old.
This program will address the following topics:
• Ages and stages of child development
• Setting boundaries and creating family rules
• Increasing self-esteem for both children and parents
• Behavior management techniques (redirection, punishment, ignoring, communication, praise, etc.)
• Developing nurturing routines
• How to handle ones own stress and anger
• Problem solving and decision making
Thursdays, January 12, 2012 to February 16, 2012, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital Health Resource Center
2 Bernardine Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
To register or for more information, call (757) 886-6511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org