This four-hour custody and visitation parent education workshop is devoted to:
• Discussion of the impact of family disruption on parents and children and how to best meet the needs of children when designing and working with parenting plans.
• Helping parents learn techniques for reducing conflicts and strategies for improving communication.
• Helping parents learn to guide their children through the process of recovery, while establishing a positive, long-term relationship with the child’s other parent.
• Helping parents recognize the importance of two parents for every child and to facilitate their efforts in co-parenting.
April 2, 2011; May 21, 2011; June 25, 2011 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital Health Resource Center
2 Bernardine Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
• $45 (Pre-Payment Required)
This workshop helps parents comply with the requirements of Section 20-103 of the Code of Virginia. Participants must attend only one of the three sessions to meet court requirements. Certificates are given to participants completing the course.
To register or for more information, call (757) 886-6511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org