Asthma 101 was designed by the American Lung Association to provide basic information about asthma and its management.
Upon completion of the course, the learner should be able to:
· Identify the incidence of asthma
· Identify potential triggers
· Identify three effects of asthma on the lungs
· Identify three basic symptoms of acute asthma episodes
· Identify asthma emergency symptoms
· Differentiate between “rescue” and “controller” medications used in asthma management
· State the importance of peak flow monitoring and asthma action plans
· Understand asthma and special conditions
· Understand asthma and school issues (or issues in your special program)
Email CINCH@evms.edu to register.